I’ve had a lot of requests for episodes like this, so we’re doing something a little different today. We’re talking to Melissa Monte, a student of my Power-Up Podcasting Fast Track Workshop. Her podcast, Mind Love, launched soon after, and she’s here to share how she created her vibrant and successful podcast from scratch.
I wanted to bring Melissa on today to talk about what she’s learned, what she has planned for the future, and how she’s progressing. It gets pretty personal too. Melissa talks about some of the darker years of her life, and how she was able to overcome them and create a whole new perspective. We go into why she decided to launch a podcast, and why podcasting specifically is helping her fulfill her life’s mission. Now that Melissa has a growing audience, I also offer some help and advice for next steps so that she can take things to the next level.
I’m so thankful that my students—and all of you on Team Flynn—are action-takers. You can truly find yourself through the actions that you take, and courses can help you do that through accountability and the tools you gain as a result. Hopefully this episode inspires you to take action as well, whether you take one of my courses or not. Let’s get started!
If you want to get started with a podcast of your own, check out my free, three-day training course, HowtoStartaPodcast.com. I’ll show you everything you need to know to get your podcast set up and running!
I’m so glad that I finally got out of my own head and started producing online courses. In 2016, I realized that online courses could help so many people go deeper into the processes I teach, and the results have been amazing. If you’re interested in starting your own online courses, I’d highly recommend the platform I use—it’s called Teachable. It’s such an easy tool to use, and it adds so much value to the teaching process. I made over a million dollars in online course sales in 2017 alone, and Teachable has been a critical part of that. Check it out at Teachable.com/pat. [Full Disclosure: I’m a compensated advisor and an affiliate for Teachable.]
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Special thanks to Melissa Monte for joining me this week. Until next time!
Download the Transcript
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Download the MP3 Audio File
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- How Melissa conceptualized her podcast.
- What Melissa learned through my Power-Up Podcasting Fast Track course.
- Why Melissa landed on podcasting after several niche sites and blogs.
- Melissa’s personal journey and how podcasting is helping her fulfill her mission in life.
- Melissa’s advice for finding your happy zone.
- The challenges that Melissa has faced with her podcast and how she’s overcome them.
- Strategies for monetizing your podcast and growing your community.
- How your community can influence future content and products, and more!